Surname/Name : Kluckova-Kindt Monika
Address : Tweede Nassaustraat 40 – 4 hoog Amsterdam The Netherlands
Telephone number : + 31 (0) 6 14 66 30 51
e-mail address : email@example.com
From 2005 until recently, I worked freelance in different areas of design, concept and fashion development , specializing in womenswear. I have clients for whom I’m designing and making made-to-measure outfits.
Since 2010 I’m working on my own label Popolop. I have created Popolop to give myself a platform to experiment and collaborate.
Please visit my website for more information and pictures ( website in development ): www.popolop.com/monikakluckova
November 2015: Kokoro Textiles
-From November 2015 until current I’m working as a free lance product designer & developer for Kokoro Textiles, home products
January – July 2015: Graphic Design + Branding for Simply Skin
-Logo & Font development, product repackaging
December 2014: Graphic Design for Know Boundaries Coaching
-Logo & Font development
-Next to my works for Popolop Products I was following different courses throughout the year: Lace Technique in Slovakia, fibre dying, textile printing, research on Japanese pattern making, embroiderie techniques
August 2012: Exhibition Naald en Draad Tilburg
- Taking part in summer the Exhibition dedicated to crossover of graphic design and textile
September + December 2011: Sunday Market Amsterdam:
- Had a stand at this event to promote and sell Popolop Products.
August + September 2011: Knitting project in Textile Museum Tilburg:
- In the atelier of the Textile Museum Tilburg I developed and produced my first industrial knitwear production for Popolop.
Juli + August 2011: Maison et object Paris, Stand Fatboy:
- In assignment of Muller van Tol, technical designed and realized an object “kamerplant”.
December 2010 + February 2011: Femhome:
- Designing home accessories for an upcoming brand in this field.
June 2010: Exhibition Recht Voor Zijn Raap, Centraal Museum Utrecht:
- From June until September 2010, a part of my collection Relevant was exhibited.
December 2008 – January 2009: Platform 21
- Working on different objects for Christophe Coppens and his exhibition of couture accessories.
- Published in Fashion trend magazine WeAre
September 2007: exhibited at fashion fair Who’s Next Paris:
- As a winner of the design talent competition, I received a sponsored stand at this prestigious fair and presented my collection to international buyers.
July-November 2006: Winner of the Airworld Design Competition, Exhibited Collection at the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam
- I won this competition together with Melanie Brown. We designed uniforms for air-hostesses. The Airworld exhibition attendants wore our designs for the duration of the exhibition and our ‘apron making kit’ was sold in the museum shop.
2005: Assistent at Berend Strik
- Working on the production of different art pieces
April 2005: Exhibition at the Centraal Museum, Utrecht
- Selected outfits shown as a part of the Frans Molenaar exhibition.
February 2005: Showroom, Paris
- Presented collection ‘Gravity’ to buyers and international press at the pret-a-porter week in Paris.
January 2005: Fashion Show, Amsterdam
- I presented my first collection, ‘Gravity’ on the catwalk, as a part of the graduation show for
June 2004: Finalist of the Frans Molenaar Couture Competition
- Nomination for Frans Molenaar couture prize. Received prize – Honorable Mention -
November–December 2002: ITEMS No 5
- Publication in ITEMS magazine, designs from my graduation collection were published in this issue. Graduates for this issue were selected by Saskia van Drimmelen .
October 2002: BNO 3cut fashion show, Amsterdam
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼- Participants for this fashion show were selected by Walter van Beirendonck.
July 2002: Rietveld fashion show,Amsterdam
- Presented the collection, This is my space at the graduation Fashion show held at the Stadsschouwburg
July 2000: Pre-wear Fashion Show, Amsterdam
- In this show I presented the project: The Devoted Woman.
March 1999: Defile:
- This project by Bernard Cella and Joke Robaard in cooperation with Festival a/d Werf.
Worked on the production of the fashion show.
November 1999: Deep Flat:
- A project by Joke Robaard, exhibit Begane Grond Utrecht, casting and production during the photo-shoot.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
2004-2005: Fashion Institute, Arnhem
- Masters study in Design. Received Masters In Design.
￼￼￼￼￼- Mentors : Oscar Raaijmakers, Lucas Ossendrijver, Sulejman Demir, Melanie Rozema, Michiel Keuper, Angeliqiue Westerhof
- Workshop with : Susanne Deeken, Vivienne Sassen
January 2005: Graduated with collection- Gravity,
- Graduation took place during fashion week in Amsterdam,
the collection was presented at the fashion show, and one month later at fashion week in Paris.
1997–2002: Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Amsterdam:
- This art education included: – foundation year course,
- One semester at the free media department
- One semester student exchange, at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague, at the shoes and accessories department
- Three years at the fashion department
- Teachers: Niels Klavers, Joke Robaard, Giene Steenman, Alet Pilon, Bert Nuhaan
July 2002: graduated in Design with collection: This is my space. Received BA in design.
September 2000 – February 2002: Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design Prague:
- Shoe design; during this period I not only developed creatively but also received training about the technical side of shoe-design;
- I also followed several other courses: sculpture and drawing;
- Took part in a project in the graphic design department, which was exhibited in Prague.
November 2000: Course in Shoe Pattern Making:
- Workshop with shoemaker Mr. Bruno Danneman; an intensive training in shoe pattern making.
- Fashion design
- Research and Concept development
- Creative pattern design & Moulage
- Illustration free hand drawing
- Excellent tailoring/fitting skills
- Knitting flat/circular
- Making inspiration books/boards
- Excellent knowledge of materials
- Experienced in special crafts lace/weaving/printing -Shoes and accessories design
- Drivers license
- English – fluent
- Dutch – good
- Slovak – Mother Language – Czech – fluent
- Russian – passive
- Polish – passive